Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC system

Not sure what market you're in, but in the Rochester NY area, that sounds a
bit high. Some of the coils I've installed had two orifice, provided. So
I've got a couple spares in my tool box. As to the install, an hour or two
at the most, unless it's a dificult job to get to the indoor coil.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Art" wrote in message
m...
Just had a tech check out one of my 3 HVAC systems. When the house was
built the contractor switched outside units between the upstairs and
basement so upstairs was too hot. I had them switch out the obviously wrong
sized outside units. I asked them if anything inside had to be switched out
and they swore everything was ok inside.

Upstairs never cooled well but we were never used upstairs much until now.

So I had someone come out today and told him the story. He says the
metering unit orifice (piston) is too small upstairs and needs to be
replaced with bigger one at a cost of $193 for the part and $533. I just
called another guy to come in for a second opinion but I was wondering if
the estimate sounds reasonable if indeed this is the problem.

Thanks in advance for assistance.