Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Clausing 5914 - Reeves drive pulley squeaks (resolved)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:55:07 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:09:27 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

Things were too clean. A bit of belt dressing on the belt and the noise
all stopped. Now I can hear all the other noises.

The belt dressing is Gold Eagle 61498, bought from a local auto parts
store.

Joe Gwinn

Your welcome

Gunner

Thanks. And I do wish that the prior owners of this lathe had known at
least one machine-tool tech. Although it has been educational.

Joe Gwinn

Now you are starting to become one. Makes the next one easier to
work on, now that you have started training your brain as to how
things work..but WHY they work..or dont....the priniples all being
alike

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.