Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remodeling house for sale, water damage to imitation wood panelling

"mm" wrote in message
Remodeling house for sale, water damage to imitation wood panelling

The basement family room has a couple walls finished in those 4x8
sheets of "wood" paneling. Each panel looks like serveral walnut
boards running vertically with a black line between each board.

Because of basement flooding, about 4 inches up on each board there is
a whitish area from the left side to the right.

Any suggestions for making the white parts look brown and black again?

They're going to test on a small spot whatever is suggested, but there
really aren't any spots to test where no one will see it, so I hope
they can hit the jackpot early.

I was thinking of Old English polish that includes the coloring. It
comes in dark, the original, and light? How's that sound? Dark or
light?

Thanks.

Whatever you put on as a topcoat may have bleed through anyway unless you
remove the deposits. I'd probably pass on the house if I saw evidence of
flooding or a cover up unless I knew what happened and if it was fixed. .