Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Buying USED tools

On Jun 21, 11:46*am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
In general, would you consider buying used power tools if the usage is for
one project and after that would be rare and occasional use?

By means of used tools I mean something that is previously used and "look"
beat up like those people sell on ebay. *I don't mean original manufacturer
reconditioned tools.

What are some pros and cons? *To me if it's cordless I am worried about the
battery.

And if you would consider it, what would a reasonable price point be? *I
have seen a new tool with free shipping on Amazon for $150.00 and someone is
offering an equivalent tool that is all beat up with no battery no case no
manual and it went to $79 with $30 shipping seems totally out of line to me.

MC

I have often bought used tools esp. at yard sales etc. especially hand
tools (that's the only place I can afford to buy Snap-On!) or handheld
power tools if they are a quality brand like Milwaukee, Makita, etc.
I have no fear of doing this, of course I only buy cheap, e.g. I got a
nice Makita drill for $5 and it just needed a new power cord. If it
had ended up not worth fixing I would have taken the chuck off of it,
thrown the rest away, and not really worried about it.

nate