Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
rose beltran rose beltran is offline

Default Drying finished wood

On May 20, 5:05*pm, tww wrote:
This has never been a problem in the past since I only used mineral or
walnut oil for the most part but when you put shellac on an unfinished
bowl you have to put the wet bowl some place to let it dry. *If you
put it on newspaper when it is dry you will probably have a bowl with
newspaper stuck to the bottom. I assume a wet bowl put on a board
would end up with a defective bottom as well.

I thought about *taking a 1" board and pounding nails through it and
turning it upside down so the wet bowls would sit on a bed of nails
and only have very small places where the finish would not dry right
away.

How do the people in this group dry things without leaving defective
places on the bottom?

as i follow the rules of making such a good piece of wood dry thing is
the most precious because it took a lot of my time.
send me some of yours by email
we can do more send me your samples and we can the bottom.