Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Why don't US bathrooms have floor drains?

Tony Hwang wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Americans do plumbing to a much higher standard, making such things
unnecessary

Now that is a laugh!

We have better toilets than most of Europe. We also don't have to
squat over a hole in the floor in public restrooms as I've seen in
other parts of the world. I've been to places that gave you a ration
of toilet tissue when you went in too and that is all you were
expected to use.

Hi,
Your ignorance! Sqatting is anatomically better form for bowl movement.
Ever saw an animal sitting down to phoo?
Consuming anything less is better for our planet.

Not all of us have the correct center of gravity, not to mention the
ankles and knees, to successfully squat. It is a learned skill, in any
case, unless you kept doing it from toddler age when squatting like a
monkey was a natural posture. Personally, I can squat for about 10
seconds, then my ankles and knees insist rather forcefully on a change
in posture. Very seldom would that be enough time to take care of
business. In the modern world, waiting until you HAVE to go is seldom
an option- you go when you have time and/or available facilities. (One
of Lydon Johnson's few memorable quotes- 'Never pass up a chance to go
to the bathroom')

If you actually care about this, I can recommend a text- 'The
Bathroom', by Alexander Kira.

--
aem sends...