Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Ken[_14_] Ken[_14_] is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - Environmental Protection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:23:12 -0300, Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 06:02:29 GMT, James Sweet
wrote:

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:29:20 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

.... I expect CFLs to advance a little more, especially with gains in dimming
and maybe some models with CRI in the low-mid 90's rather than 82 (with a
compromise in light output)....

Hi Don,

I, for one, would happily trade-off some raw lumens for better colour
rendering. Do you know of any products available now or in the near
future with CRIs in the low to mid 90s?

Cheers,
Paul

The Colortone 50 and Chroma 50 fluorescent lamps have a CRI of 94. I
don't think that phosphor has made it into CFLs though, the high power
density of the compact lamps is too hard on the fluorogermanate phosphor
used to get the true red on the high CRI lamps.

Hi James,

One more to add to the linear list: the Philips TL930 and TL950 have a
CCT of 3,000 and 5,000K respectively and a CRI of 95 and 98. I
haven't any personal experience with either lamp, but from what I've
read they're a good choice for colour critical applications.

See:
http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/...f/P-5037-D.pdf

The downside is the one-third loss of light output, but that's pretty
much a given when you reach this level of performance.

Cheers,
Paul

I like my old Philips TLD36W/92 here in Sweden.
It still work perfect in my kitchen since 1990.
http://tekniken.se/misc/philips_tld36w-92.jpg
Specifications: 2700K, CRI 95, 63 lm/W