Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - EnvironmentalProtection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

On Jun 21, 9:44*am, wrote:
In alt.engineering.electrical ransley wrote:

| Incandesants will never go away they are cheap and are better in many
| aplications like above a stove, in a oven, frige, for lower than -15f,
| work lights , -15f exterior lights, and where instant on is needed,
| industry, and in the winter work lights. Actualy an Incandesant bulb
| is a heater that has a byproduct of 4-6% of very good light! The smart
| thing to do would be just tax them and give a big rebate to
| flourescents, and not wait till 2012

LEDs should work fine in a refrigerator. *They can scatter them around front
and back, and on each shelf. *That would solve the "light blocked by the old
milk" problem.

I do like the idea of taxing the incandescent bulbs. *But I also like the
idea of taxing cheap imports.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, googlegroups.com is blocked. *Due to ignorance |
| * * * * by the abuse department, bellsouth.net is blocked. *If you post to *|

I just saw a frige on display with leds everywhere, the problem was
the color rendition made everything an ugly blue grey, but Leds will
get better as cfls have.