Posted to alt.home.repair
dan dan is offline

Default Make insurance claim on roof or pay for myself?

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

"dan" wrote in message

I have a roof which needed replacing before we had a storm. Do I make a
claim since the storm took a shingle or two off? My house is a modest
single family site built and it's paid for. I've owned it for 15 years
and never made a claim. (State Farm insurance).

I have had two roofs replaced on the same house by insurance. Think I had
the 500 deductiable. Once a hurricane blew off the shingles. I live about
200 miles from the coast but the huricane came way inland. About 15 years
later a hail storm dammaged the shingles. Most of the other 10 houses in
the same development had similar experiances.

ok, thanks to all for the replies.