Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default Buying USED tools

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:46:46 -0400, "MiamiCuse"
wrote Re Buying USED tools:

In general, would you consider buying used power tools if the usage is for
one project and after that would be rare and occasional use?

In general, yes; *provided* I could verify that the tool is
functional.

And if you would consider it, what would a reasonable price point be? I
have seen a new tool with free shipping on Amazon for $150.00 and someone is
offering an equivalent tool that is all beat up with no battery no case no
manual and it went to $79 with $30 shipping seems totally out of line to me.

Yes, IMO it's totally out of line. I wouldn't consider it.

My price point on such items is 50% or less of the list/delivered
price, depending on circumstances. In this case, the "shipping"
implies that there is no way for you to verify the functionality of
the tool, e.g. you can't plug it in to see how well it works. I
personally wouldn't consider it.