Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 2008-06-22 15:27:31 +0100, Roland Perry said:

In message 485d8b02@qaanaaq, at 00:13:06 on Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Andy
Hall remarked:

That's more a symptom of a bad dentist.
It takes a great deal of time to do a root canal treatment properly.
This should not be governed by time and cost but by doing a proper job.
Like I said, if the treatment isn't done properly, that's a bad dentist.
So the choices are reduced to not doing the work at all or doing it at a loss.
At less of a profit.

I suppose one could describe a loss as "less of a profit" That's
probably how Mr Blair's cronies would put it.

I doubt that there many dentists operating at a loss, that is dentists
who are unable to pay themselves a salary and pay the operating loss of
their business from their savings.

Why on earthwould anybody want to do that?

This is the precise reason why many dentists have packed in doing NHS
work rather than not doing a proper job.
I agree that a lot have packed it in.

Hmm.... I wonder why...

Unrealistically high expectations.

Unrealistically low expectations from civil servants who are long
overdue for the sack.