Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message 485d8c5f@qaanaaq, at 00:18:55 on Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Andy
Hall remarked:
If they stick to the Porsche and 5-bed executive house lifestyle
that dentists were accustomed to in the 70's, viability is certainly
an issue.

Please explain to me why a dentist should take a reduction in
lifestyle because the NHS is unable to run its affairs properly.

Because his expectations were too high. I don't know what it was that
made 70's dentists so well off, but long term it was not a good strategy.

Their expectations are obviously not too high since they seem to be able
to reach those expected levels of remuneration by the simple expedient
of shunning NHS work and associated paperwork, and taking only private
patients.

--
Cheers,

John.