Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Tim Ward Tim Ward is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

"tims next home" wrote in message

"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"Roland Perry" wrote in message

It was a rush job then? My passport renewals have been by normal post,
even though I once worked half a mile from one of their offices. They
only did callers by appointment.

In theory. In practice if you turn up and you're desperate enough they
might deal with you.

Have you tried this recently?

August 2005. Normally we check all the passports in January so we don't have
a problem come the summer holiday, but we somehow failed to do so that year
and discovered a few days before flying that one of the kids' passports had
expired. The earliest appointment available was several days after the
holiday started, so I went to P'boro anyway and found that there was a small
queue of such people - we were dealt with as and when there was sufficient
slack in dealing with the people who'd made proper appointments. This
service is *not* advertised (and, I imagine, *not* guaranteed); someone on
the phone had suggested that I might try just turning up, no promises, "but
I'm not supposed to tell you this".

--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb