Mark

Default Best way to drill through cast iron???

Hmmm. Flashback from working on heavy equipment!
I used to hate drilling holes in thick cast iron - a realitively thin
table saw should be a cakewalk. We used a 2 HP drill - if the bit bit -
you went for a ride!
My Delta TS has 3 holes drilled on each side for this purpose.
You will need Cobalt Drill Bits. The bigger the drill the better.
Start out with a small bit and work your way up to whatever size you
need. I assume you'll wind up using 3/8" bolts (?).
Optionally you can tap the holes to receive the bolt.
Mark from Pasadena, MD

tnfkajs wrote:
I'm stumped on a good way to add an outfeed table to my saw. Yet another
"benefit" of the Jet Supersaw. Before I dimisss this idea entirely, I
thought I'd ask the "Pro's".

If I wanted to attach some brackets to the table saw cast iron top, I think
I'd be drilling some biggun holes into some purdy thick iron. Would I be an
idiot to try this? Would it take forever? Would I go through 35 bits? Would
I need some liquid coolant on the bore? Should I buy eight $15 Black and
Decker cheapo drills and just burn them up?

Or - should I dimiss this approach and look for another way to attach the
outfeed table?