Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default Ridge vent or wind turbines?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:07:07 -0500, Michael wrote:

Hello,
My house has not attic ventilation other that the 2 gable vents.

I know I need to add eave vents but would like ya'lls opinion on ridge
vents versus wind turbines.

I have heard the pros and con from friends and family about ridge vents
and wind turbines.
ie, if it is storming badly, ridge vents can let water in. wind turbines
don't last, noisy, etc ..... etc ....

I live in Arlington, Texas. If this make a difference.

TIA.

Michael

Have you considered a cupola?

Cupola - An outlet for the natural flow of warm air in an upward
direction is provided through the louvered sides of this cupola, while
adding charm to the appearance of your steel building. Available in 2, 3,
and 4 foot square models, our fully functional cupolas are constructed of
29 gauge steel and are available in a wide variety of colors to match your
building. The cupola comes with a bird screen and color coordinated
flashings, and is available with either light transmitting panels
(Plexiglas) or vents.

We offer a complete line of weathervanes to give your cupola that
finishing touch. The weathervanes come in two sizes - 30” for two and
three foot cupolas, 40” for the four foot cupola. They are constructed
of high cast aluminum, painted in black, and are available in six
different designs; horse (shown above), tractor, horse and buggy, rooster,
cow, or eagle.

http://www.magnum-steel.com/New_Photos/Cupola2.jpg
http://www.dasstudio.net/coupala.htm
http://www.farmerjonesbarns.com/cupolas.html