Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Why don't US bathrooms have floor drains?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I have lived both in Australia and in Taiwan. In both countries,
bathroom floors had drains to avoid serious flooding in the case of
overflows. The bathroom floor drain in Australia even dealt with the
problem of blockage of the regular drains/sewers: the floor drain went
straight out through the wall above the ceiling of the lower story and
had an angled flap to prevent drafts but allowed the water to escape.

Why have I never encountered such in US bathrooms?

I don't know but I think we *should* have them. If it were up to me I'd
have floor drains in each room and suspend all furniture from chains so the
whole place could be hosed down.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...