Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Default Buying USED tools

If your looking for a one time use tool don't rule out
pawn shops. there you can even test the tool before paying
for it. I buy more tools in a year than most people use in a life
time and I'll be happy to tell you to stay away from Harbor freight
corded tools. I have bought a few and every one of them I've had
to rewire the switches. Ebay is your biggest crap shoot, I've bought
a few reconditioned and have been more satisfied than H/F but you
will want to stay with name brand. If your in the Midwest however,
there is menards. Not the greatest store, but they have an inexpensive
brand they sell called Tool shop. Now I know a lot of people will
want
to disagree with me but I have yet to buy one of these corded tools
that didn't surprise the heck out of me as to how well they work. I
don't know who really makes them but if you look at the drill presses
next to the jet tools they are amazingly similar. Last but not least,
stay away from any used cordless tools.
Lou