Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:05:43 UTC, "Brian L Johnson"
wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:

In message op.uc3y5tjn0v1caa@thedell, at 18:06:55 on Sat, 21 Jun 2008,
Brian L Johnson remarked:
My lunchtime activities were restricted to The Printing Club.

We had a printing club too, and I was member. We used to print school
magazines, programmes for concerts, and lots of posters. Everything set
in lead (or wood for the bigger stuff).

Oh, the old grey cells are fading... what was the name of that press? The
little hand ones were usually made by Elana or someone, but the big
treadle-powered ones (we didn't have the electric motor attachment) were
called... sigh No. It's gone.

Adana. We had one at school....belonged to the Venture Scouts and they
did fund raising by doing private printing. I joined because it was a
better place to hang out than the sixth form common room (especially as
I made history by being the first pupil in the schools 100 year history
to be demoted from being a prefect!)

I saw and learned but did little printing myself.

But I vividly remember pedalling like crazy in attempt to get the tickets
done before the end of lunch break for some function or other and those
gigantic jaws whipping back and forth and me reaching in, snatching a
newly printed card out -- not smudging it!! -- while matey by your side
slapped another into place and the jaws closed again and on and on and
on...

Our was hand operated only.

Used a similar device for printing labels on radio valves! Anyone
remember a company that used to advertise on page three of Practical
Wireless (I think); big long list of valves and prices? The name was
Technical Trading...

http://www.diybanter.com