Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default Front door is a little out of square - Advice?

wrote:

On Jun 20, 12:35 pm, "
wrote:
The front door of my house is out of square. The top of the door
slopes down from the hinge side to the lock side leaving a gap. Do I
need to shim from the bottom? TIA

Ok, here's some more info and some pictures... hope it helps....

Gap is as follows:

Across Top: 3/8" @ latch side, 1/8" @ hinge
Down Latch side: 3/8"
Down hinge side: 1/8" @ top, less than 1/8" @ bottom

http://picasaweb.google.com/rob.ainb...ey=ixsc9CH9pWk
It looks to me that the door frame is not plumb and level.
Is the casing plumb? That's a pretty good size gap. I'd pull the trim off
the hinge side and shim the bottom out if in fact the casing is not plumb.
Whats the gap at the bottom look like?

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX