Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks Kevin Ricks is offline

Default Buying USED tools

MiamiCuse wrote:
In general, would you consider buying used power tools if the usage is for
one project and after that would be rare and occasional use?

By means of used tools I mean something that is previously used and "look"
beat up like those people sell on ebay. I don't mean original manufacturer
reconditioned tools.

What are some pros and cons? To me if it's cordless I am worried about the
battery.

And if you would consider it, what would a reasonable price point be? I
have seen a new tool with free shipping on Amazon for $150.00 and someone is
offering an equivalent tool that is all beat up with no battery no case no
manual and it went to $79 with $30 shipping seems totally out of line to me.

MC

These brand new tools are good for 2 or 3 projects, and often when on
sale, cheaper than used:
http://www.harborfrieght.com/
You can print out an internet sale item and take that to your local
store and they will honor the internet price.

Kevin