Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Ridge vent or wind turbines?

On Jun 20, 2:07*pm, "Michael" wrote:
Hello,
My house has not attic ventilation other that the 2 gable vents.

I know I need to add eave vents but would like ya'lls opinion on ridge vents
versus wind turbines.

I have heard the pros and con from friends and family about ridge vents and
wind turbines.
ie, if it is storming badly, ridge vents can let water in.
wind turbines don't last, noisy, etc .....
etc ....

I live in Arlington, Texas. *If this make a difference.

TIA.

Michael

You say you need more venting, you only"need" more venting if mold is
growing in the attic. Gable vents move alot of air, a few static vent
near the top will be cheapest and release alot of heat.