Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default RCA 1C03 and 1C04 TO220 transistor data

Tim Schwartz wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:
From the 1970s / 1980s. I have an RCA databook with a lot of the big

number
RCA transistor full data, but cannot find full data anywhere on these

1C..
ones , that is 1C ( one see) not IC ( India Charlie ).

Google, in half the hits seems, to show lesser data/ working subs I've

put
on the net over the years.

Just repaired a 1986 HH which used , no problem with it, 1C03-C which is
presumably a voltage binning band, but thought I'd try locating some

proper
info on this RCA range for when I need it in earnest.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Nigel,

From page 486 in the 1981 RCA Power Devices data book in my library:

"Silicon Transistors for Audio-Frequency Linear-Amplifier Applications"

RCA1C03 (NPN):
V(CBO) 120V
V(CEO) 100V
I(C) 4 amps
P(T) is 40 Watts with CASE temp at 25 decrees C.
F(T) 4 MHz
h(FE) 50-250

The RCA1C04 is the PNP compliment, specs the same except F(T)=5 MHz

The RCA1C012 (and compliment RCA1C013) are the same except the
V(CBO)=140V and the V(CEO)=120V. (They list these with and without the
'0' on the same page, so they might be called RCA1C12 and RCA1C13)

If you need the more detailed specs, let me know.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Any reference to what the suffix C means in
RCA1C03-C

Vcb max of 120V times 2.5 = 300 volt seems unlikely