Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Dave Dave is offline

Default Diode(?) jpegs for sci.electronics.misc

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:35:37 -0500, Dave wrote:

Just realized, you may be asking where else the blue wires go. The go
between the secondary of the transformer, and the device in question.
Sorry.

No problem. If they are attached to the secondary then the device is a
dual diode with a common cathode. Here is a simple circuit.

http://www.electronic-circuits-diagr...psimages/7.gif

Okay, so I could probably replace them with two stud-mount (is that
right?) diodes, with the cathodes bolted to the heat-sink? Does that
sound right?

From what limited info I've got from you and if that simple circuit
resembles what you have, yes. You might want to find a couple cheap
2 amp axial lead diodes and rig them just to test this before you spend
money and time mounting the stud mount diodes.

I have several 5A axial lead diodes in my junk box. May hook them up
tomorrow. Will have to think about that some, just to make sure I get it
right. And yes, your simple circuit schematic does resemble what I appear
to have. Think I am headed to bed right now though. Thanks for the
feedback, and thought-provoking ideas.

Take it easy...

Dave