Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Front door is a little out of square - Advice?

On Jun 20, 11:35*am, "
wrote:
The front door of my house is out of square. The top of the door
slopes down from the hinge side to the lock side leaving a gap. Do I
need to shim from the bottom? TIA

How old is it, my 80 yr old hinges are worn thin and allow a similar
sag, it is common. If you have exact same hinges inside your home take
off a bottom hinge and use it on top. even changing the bottom to top
might help a bit. A new hinge is best if you are lucky enough to get
the exact size and hole pattern. I will use a hinge off an interior
door some day to fix a similar issue. I dought a shim would work since
your pin and hole on top is worn larger, so it sags.