Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - EnvironmentalProtection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

On Jun 20, 10:07*pm, wrote:
In alt.engineering.electrical James Sweet wrote:

| Yes, plenty of enclosed CFLs work outside in the winter. If you live in
| an area of extreme cold, there's always HID. A 39W metal halide lamp
| produces much more light than a 150W incandescent, and lasts 6-10 times
| as long. I use exclusively CFLs in all my outdoor fixtures, it only gets
| down to about 15F at the lowest here, so the plain exposed spiral type
| work fine. Since these are on from dusk till dawn, the savings are
| substantial and I get 2+ years out of a bulb. Even the vilified mercury
| vapor lamp so common in yard lights and street lighting of the past is
| more than twice as efficient as incandescent.

But none of them produce the quality of light that incandescent does, which
is needed is _some_ places.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, googlegroups.com is blocked. *Due to ignorance |
| * * * * by the abuse department, bellsouth.net is blocked. *If you post to *|

Go read a review a Popular Mechanics Mag, its old but its there, For
facial color the HD bulb beat Incandesant. New warm white cfls are
advancing fast.