Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Lassiter Doug Lassiter is offline

Default Ridge vent or wind turbines?

On Jun 20, 2:07 pm, "Michael" wrote:
Hello,
My house has not attic ventilation other that the 2 gable vents.

I know I need to add eave vents but would like ya'lls opinion on ridge vents
versus wind turbines.

I actually have both (as well as gable vents), also in TX. Turbines
have been on my house at least since I've been in it (about 20 years).
I put in the ridge vents a few years ago. Like the other posters, I
see no evidence of water coming in the latter. No evidence for
dampness in attic, etc.

With three turbines up there in these 20 years, I think I've had to
replace one. It just got stuck. The bearing failed. No noise out of
any of them. I'm under a lot of oak trees, so they stay mostly in the
shade, but they get bonked now and then by a falling branch. Noise has
never been an issue in any of mine or, as far as I've been able to
hear, for the fiftyish wind turbines on my block.