Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Ridge vent or wind turbines?

"Michael" wrote in
news
Hello,
My house has not attic ventilation other that the 2 gable vents.

I know I need to add eave vents but would like ya'lls opinion on ridge
vents versus wind turbines.

I have heard the pros and con from friends and family about ridge
vents and wind turbines.
ie, if it is storming badly, ridge vents can let water in.
wind turbines don't last, noisy, etc .....
etc ....

I live in Arlington, Texas. If this make a difference.

TIA.

Michael

Never heard of a ridge vent letting water in. I guess if the nails popped
it could happen. Then again, I don't hear much.

Last ridge vent I took off when replacing a roof was the 10 ft metal high
profile type. PITA getting some of those nail's out. Twist nails. Now I
see a lot of rapid ridge going on. Just put on with long roofing nails.
Not sure how that holds up over the test of time.