Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - Environmental Protection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

Jim Thompson wrote in
:

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:30:17 -0400, RFI-EMI-GUY
wrote:

[snip]

Please someone tell me where all this makes any sense? I think this
benefits only Archer Daniel Midland and Big Oil.

I think the large numeric dollar-value of "Big Oil" profits confuses
the ordinary guy on the street, and politicians use that to their
advantage.

What is "Big Oil's" ROI?

Are they not paying _market_ price for oil?

...Jim Thompson

the "Big Oil" companies are making 8.3 cents per $1 of gas sold.
Microsoft is making 27 cents per dollar of sales.
Banks are making IIRC,15 cents/$1.
US industry average is IIRC,9.x cents/$1

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik