Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
RFI-EMI-GUY RFI-EMI-GUY is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - EnvironmentalProtection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

Here in Florida, the governor Charlie Crist has crammed Gasohol (10%
Ethanol) onto consumers without any rational discussion or consideration
of consumers.

Notwithstanding the arguments that ethanol production uses far more
petroleum than it saves. The glaring issue is that the gasohol mix
actually reduces fuel efficiency significantly in many if not most
vehicles. For example, my vehicle averages 15 MPG with regular unleaded
(I will not apologize for not driving a Prius) but now with gasohol it
now averages 12.5 MPG. This means that when driving a trip of 150 miles
I have to purchase an additional 2 gallons of fuel.

So:
1) I was ripped off at the pump paying full price for an adulterated
product. 3.96 gallon X 10 gallons X 10% = $3.96 stolen
2) I was ripped off a second time at the pump needing to buy 2 more
gallons of same adulterated product. 3.96 X 2 = $7.92 stolen
3) My vehicle still burned 10.8 gallons of regular gasoline out the
tailpipe into the air. Plus it burned an additional 1.2 gallons of
ethanol out the tailpipe into the air.

So I am ripped off $11.88 for less than 1/2 tank full. And the earth is
further polluted.

Please someone tell me where all this makes any sense? I think this
benefits only Archer Daniel Midland and Big Oil.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P