Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ridge vent or wind turbines?

On Jun 20, 3:07�pm, "Michael" wrote:
Hello,
My house has not attic ventilation other that the 2 gable vents.

I know I need to add eave vents but would like ya'lls opinion on ridge vents
versus wind turbines.

I have heard the pros and con from friends and family about ridge vents and
wind turbines.
ie, if it is storming badly, ridge vents can let water in.
wind turbines don't last, noisy, etc .....
etc ....

I live in Arlington, Texas. �If this make a difference.

TIA.

Michael

ridge vents require no maintence, make no noise, i have never had
water get in,

my only problem was a family of dedicated birds who having nested in
the attic previously ripped at the ridge vent to get in. i solved that
the following year by removing the vent and adding hardware cloth over
the openings, put ridge vent back. birds were highly frustrated. i put
uup a couple bird houses as compensation

theres no reason you cant have ridge vent, and add a couple power
vents for severe weather