Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Front door is a little out of square - Advice?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/20/2008 9:35 AM spake thus:

The front door of my house is out of square. The top of the door
slopes down from the hinge side to the lock side leaving a gap. Do I
need to shim from the bottom? TIA

Yes, but here's the deal on shimming the door: ...

Before he goes shimming, need more info...

I'd also beyond previous notes recommend he read the article in a fairly
recent FHB on fitting doors--don't recall author's name now but know
it's been in the last few issues. It goes into detail on fixing
problems in a more systematic fashion...