Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default How do I check if power supply for my PC is working? Heeeeeeeeelp!!!

"zalek" wrote in message
Hello, I am trying to build a new PC. After connecting all the parts,
I turned the switch on and... nothing.
I suspect that the power supply is not working, or the circuit on the
motherboard that switches the power supply on is not working.
When I flip the switch on the back of the power supply on, the
keyboard LED turns on for a second. However, when I press the major
switch, nothing happens. No fans move, and there are no noises. I
checked the major switch with an ohmmeter, and the switch seems like
it works.
I'm not sure if the power supply or the motherboard circuit that
starts the power supply isn't working.
So my question is, how can I check if the power supply is working?
Thank you very much

Zalek

Double check that the power swich is on the correct connector in the correct
manner. Sometimes you can place them on the connector 90 degrees out of
rotation i.e. Vertically vs horizonataly and it will not work.

Mike