Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mandatory Headlights (was Colour Temperature (was CFLsand UHF interference) )

David Hansen wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:32:26 +0100 someone who may be Rod
wrote this:-

Actually enforcing speed limits would be a fuel/emission saving
measure.

Around here (and, I am sure in mahy other parts of the world),
"enforcing" speed limits has been done by much speed hump building.

Enforcing speed limits can be done in a variety of ways, of which
this is just one.

after you have repalced your suspension joints or teh thrird time, you
ask yousrelf how much extra fuel you have burned

- trying to slow down for the bloody things and accelerate backl to
30mph afterwards
- manufacturing all the spare parts you need/.

Not to mention the horrific accident I witnessed that was CAUSED by a
chicane. Carefully positioned as to be invisible to a driver following
another car at a perfectly safe and legal speed and distance.