Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

Ivor Jones wrote in

In ,
PeterMcC typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
Dave wrote in

Mark Carver wrote:

snip

IKWYM. Doesn't the light hurt the eyes if you do switch it on. :-(
I have good night vision and it gets spoiled by cars at both night
and day, who have badly aligned head lights, or fog lamps. Do
drivers assume that their fog lamps are driving lights, because
they are not yellow?

I think you're confusing fog lamps with those really cool lights
placed low down at the front of the car, making both car and driver
look dead stylish.

If they're below bumper level then they *are* foglights and must only
be used in conditions of fog or bad visibility, on pain of a fixed
penalty (£20 IIRC) notice.

And for your information, they don't make the car or the driver look
"cool" (whatever that may mean) but merely a pillock.

They're also very dazzling, especially in heavy rain.

shout
TURN 'EM OFF IF IT'S NOT FOGGY..!
/shout

shout