Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Ivor Jones[_2_] Ivor Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

In ,
Rod typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: Mortimer wrote:
: Another thing that offends my sense of symmetry, though it's not
: distracting
: in itself, is the trend for some modern cars to have just one rear
: fog light and one reversing light. The last few cars that I have
: owned (VW Golf and Peugeot 306) had two bulb-holders and "lenses"
: for the fog lights but only had a bulb fitted on one side - luckily
: it was easy to fit the missing bulb.
:
:
: Unfortunately, this is not so simple on at least some cars with bulb
: failure detection. They complain if both sockets are used. And if they
: do not complain, I suspect that they would be unable to detect a
: single bulb failure.
:
: Always struck me as madness that we can drive onto a train at
: Folkestone, drive off at Calais and have these lights exactly the
: opposite way round to how they should be for the country.

The problem with most smaller cars (such as my Ford Fiesta) is that the
rear light assemblies are different for LHD and RHD models with the single
rear foglight fitted to the offside (right for the UK) and the reversing
light on the other side. Each lamp occupies the same space on its own
side, there is nowhere to fit an additional fog or reversing light.

Ivor