Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default A/C advise

bill wrote:
I had a new carrier A/C 2.5 ton installed last Oct 07 after the
cooling season. The installer didnot add any refrigerant other than
what was pre charged in the condenser. He installed about 30 feet of
line and new evap coil (neither was pre-charged). Turned system on
this spring and it didnt seem just right. Service tech came today and
added 1.5 lbs of R410A. Do you think they should have added refrig
last Oct or do I have a leak. It only ran at most 2 weeks since it
was installed. Thanks

Was the weather last Oct. really cold, if so then the installer might have
not wanted to top off until warmer weather. Remember a installer is not the
same as a service tech.

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info