Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Cell Phone -- What remains wet?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..

There is a conductive residue. A thorough washing with
de-ionized water is usually required.

Actually, de-ionized water isn't de-ionized. It actually has "hard"
ions replaced with "soft" ions.

Uncharged organic molecules, viruses, or bacteria left behind (after
deionization) will not drain the cell-phone battery.

Please read what I wrote, and do a little research under "ion-exchange"
columns. Thank you.

You are thinking of water softener columns. They replace hard ions with
soft ones.

Deionized water's quality is measured by checking the electrical
conductivity of the water.

Deionized water has low conductivity.

In a de-ionizer, the ion exchange resin replaces Ca++, K+, Na+, etc with
H+ The ion exchange resin replaces SO2--, CO3--, etc with OH-

De ionized water thus has low conductivity.

Softened water, on the other hand, is still conductive.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap