Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Mortimer Mortimer is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

":Jerry:" wrote in message

Indeed, many people do think that the parking pawl can be relied on to
hold a vehicle only to discover that their vehicles have disappeared
when they return (they are normally found at the bottom of the hill,
embedded into what ever they collided with....

Gosh, it's news to me that the Park setting on an automatic transmission can
sometimes allow a car to move - I'd always thought that it was even more
infallible than a handbrake, where cable stretching can occasionally allow
the brakes to work free. Not that it matters because I would always apply
the handbrake on any car - auto or manual.