Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

"Mortimer" wrote in message
et...
"Huge" wrote in message
Mortimer wrote:

I remember in the early 80s getting lifts from a guy with a Volvo
that
had
Daf CVT. It seemed to have a very sensitive change-down and very
late
change-up:

CVTs do not change up or down. Which bit of "continuous" is it that
has
passed
you by?

Sorry if the terms "change up/down" misled you into thinking that I
was referring to a conventional gearbox with discrete ratios. I know
that CVT is
continuous. Perhaps I should said "change to a lower/higher ratio";
if not, what term should I have used?

They DO change ratios up and down (it's just that it's *consciously
variable*, unlike a conventional manual or auto box were each of the
available ratios are set), ignore Huge, he just proved that he is the
one who doesn't understand how the system works. Nothing new there
though! :~(