Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power to sheds

On Jun 19, 12:04*am, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Building a deck this week, complicated bugger but that's not important.

Going around the existing patio (and the new deck) is a power supply to the
adjacent shed. *Its a 2.5mm TO&I cable encased in white PVC flexible
conduit - a bit like the stuff used to tidy up cables behind your PC.

Current owners moved in 3 years ago & it was already there, not mentioned on
survey. *Next door seem to have the same thing, nobody is sure how old it
is.

Is this legal & safe? *Nothing to do with me really, the deck doesn't go
near it, just seems a bit of a bodge. *I thought you had to use armoured
cable?

Should I advise the householder to get it checked out?

Loads of sheds are supplied by T&E. It may not meet new install rules
but its standard equipment and works ok, and is normal for existing
installs. You've got conduit too, luxury. No reason to get it checked
- unless there is a reason to get it checked.

NT