Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default A/C advise

On Jun 19, 7:35*pm, bill wrote:
I had a new carrier A/C 2.5 ton installed last Oct 07 after the
cooling season. *The installer didnot add any refrigerant other than
what was pre charged in the condenser. *He installed about 30 feet of
line and new evap coil (neither was pre-charged). *Turned system on
this spring and it didnt seem just right. *Service tech came today and
added 1.5 lbs of R410A. * Do you think they should have added refrig
last Oct or do I have a leak. * * It only ran at most 2 weeks since it
was installed. *Thanks

I guess your full labor warranty lasts 1 yr? Maybe they did it right
the first time and there is a leak, have it checked out in a few
months.