Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dubosky[_2_] Dan Dubosky[_2_] is offline

Default Cell Phone -- What remains wet?

As I said previously, the phone operates perfectly except for a more rapid
discharge of the battery even when it is turned OFF. Of course, I have no
idea what circuits are active under these circumstances to detect a request
to turn the phone ON. If this is a small computer chip of some sort, I can
see that you may be talking about Megacycles. That seems like overkill for
a simple turn-on circuit, but I without a schematic diagram, I have no idea.

Dan

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:25:45 -0400, Dan Dubosky wrote:

When dry I thought that these would be in the order of megohms and
since the cell phone works at such a low voltage, they would not matter.

Well, it also operates at _MEGA_ cycles -- where all sort of 'stuff'
matters.