Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Shenzhen Lathe problem - Hare & Forbes AL-335

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:29:41 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

FWIW, I have a SuperMax manual written in chinglish on a mchine I just got.
Using it to figure out the maintenance lube schedule and points to lube was
a REAL treat.

Does you Supermax have Turcited rectangular ways? If it does, what's
an appropriate bribe for a copy of the instructions on adjusting the
gibs? Not how to make the adjustments, but how to tell when they're
properly adjusted. The combination of 3(?) gibs per axis (as opposed
to one gib for dovetail ways), and the low coefficient of friction of
the Turcite, makes it difficult to tell the difference between too
tight and too loose.

--
Ned Simmons