Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.legal
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Prospects of selling a house next door to a "reformed" spree killer?

wrote

in pennsylvania failure to disclose a deficency you know about makes
you liable after sale for the entire cost to fix whatever fails.

Interesting! I wouldnt mind that. I thought the rules here as explained to
me by the realtors sounded 'wierd'.

like the neighbor who sold a 100,000 home failed to disclose the main
sewer was bad.
new owner found previous plumber visits...... could prove deficency
cost old owner over 10 grand for new sewer, driveway, wall, entire
replacement and restoration.........

a very expensive lesson

Wince! Yes, it would be.