Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

":Jerry:" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

":Jerry:" wrote in message

"Rod" wrote in message
snip

The parking brake used in some cars (e.g. some European Mercedes
as well as many US motors) requires the use of a leg to apply
it. There are many drivers who for various reasons can drive the
car fine but cannot apply this brake. (You sort of need to lift
your knee up to your chin in order to get your foot onto the
pedal. Then press down quite hard with your leg.) I suspect that
many drivers never use it - just leaving the car in P when
parked.

If they can't operate the vehicle they should not be driving it,
especially on an automatic.

Have you ever driven such a vehicle in the U.S. ?

...and haddock is 10 GBP per lb........

And your point is ?? So have you ? Making silly noises about
haddock, does not answer a straightforward question, or is the
answer "no" ... ?

What f*cking difference does it make if I have or haven't, FFS I
probably driven more vehicle than you have sat in, as I said you
question was about as pointless as asking for the price of fish here.

The fact is, if you can't operate all the *safety* related controls
you should not be using the vehicle or what ever.