Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Mortimer Mortimer is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

"Rod" wrote in message
Mortimer wrote:
I do accept that some are utter crap. A while ago I drove a Honda Jazz
CVT. That was very nice - but the engine could have done with being much
more powerful!

I'd like to drive a car with CVT or a DSG transmission. The VW Golf DSG is
supposed to be very good - smooth gearchanges up and down under the driver's
control or under automatic control - best of all worlds.

I remember in the early 80s getting lifts from a guy with a Volvo that had
Daf CVT. It seemed to have a very sensitive change-down and very late
change-up: it was weird when he set off from rest to hear the engine racing
and then the car would gradually pick up speed with the engine still racing
after which the engine note would slow down.