Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

hwh wrote:
Dave wrote:
hwh wrote:

Mortimer wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

and brake lights kept permanently on when drivers are stationary
in a queue of traffic. Why can't people use ther handbrake rather
than footbrake when they are stopped at traffic lights?

I am going to assume that you are getting on in years here. It
seems like the driving schools teach this to drivers going to about
40 years ago.

I'm in my mid 40s. I learned in the early 80s, taught by an ex
police Class 1 driving instructor. Same thing was reiterated when I
took my IAM test ten year later. So are modern-day pupils taught to
keep their foot on the footbrake at traffic lights and not to use
the handbrake? How standards have slipped ;-)

People driving cars with automatic gearboxes keep their foots on the
brake pedal to keep the car from creeping forward.

Foots?

What is wrong with their hand brake then?

It is much easier using the foot brake because then they just have to
shift their foot when the light changes.

And those of us who liked manual gearboxes because they allow you to
select what gear you want to be in, use the left foot to brake with in
an auto so we can use the right to force a kickdown in mid corner ;-)

I wish some manufacturer would produce a really 'sport' auto progammed
box..one that says' I will keep the revs vbetween 2000 and 5000 as long
as I can'

Autos are great for traffic. And a lot better for the average driver to
whom any gear change is a constant challenge, and clutch control means
how to avoid getting pawed in a nightclub.

gr, hwh