John

Default has anyone ACTUALLY worked out of a self-storage unit??

Brian,
I worked our of a storage unit for two years. (Making needed repairs
on my cars while I was going to school). I lived in a mobil home and
the tools from a 3 car garage filled the 12 x 20 storage unit I
rented. It is cramped and cold inside if it is cold outside. My best
guess is that you are not going to have a bunch of time to spend in
the shop if you do your schooling right. Many schools have a shop that
is openly or often provisionally open to students. Texas A&M, where I
was going to school when I lived in the mobil home had a fully equiped
shop in their student center. They also had an even better equiped
shop in the Industrial Engineering shop that was available to their IE
students. I would check this out before investing in a storage unit
unless you need it to store tools, etc. while you go to school.
John in SC

On 7 Aug 2003 11:46:06 -0700, (brian schultz)
wrote:

i'm from the Dallas/Fort worth area of Texas and i'm going back to
school soon. i'm going to live in an apartment w/out much spare space
to work. i was considering working out of a self storage unit. i
think most of them don't want you to do any actual work in their unit.
certainly nothing w/ paint. has anyone ever handled this problem
before? any personal experience with this situation (tips or ideas)
you'd like to share? any info would help.

thanks