Posted to rec.woodworking
Jason[_4_] Jason[_4_] is offline

Default Kapex saws

Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:40 pm, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

Hermance Machine Co in Williamsport, PA has a brand new Rockler Store
and it is stocked full of the new Kapex saws. They won't sell these
saws until their official introduction bt Festool but you can reserve
one now.

The local Woodcraft was selling them on May 30th. They had 8 IIRC and did
their best to get me to take one with me along with the Festool Sander that
I did buy,

I got to touch one today here at the Atlanta (Roswell) Rockler. Very
nice saw.. The coolest parts (to me) were the 90% no sawdust and the
lock-at-90, but still go 45.. or 47, if needed.

Again, very nice saw, but heart-attack prices. ($1300? Woah!)

Instead I'll buy two or 3 more dewalts. My existing 705 I'll set at 90,
one new one at 45 left, another at 45 right, and the third new one to
"set to whatever."

Have 'em all lined up in a nice little row too. Call it the 'wall of
saws'.

Ah, it's nice to dream...

Jason Buckler
Marietta, GA