Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:19:43 +0100, Dave
wrote:

Mark wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:13:30 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Mortimer" wrote in message

The lights that really knacker my vision are rear (red) fog lights when
I'm travelling right behind and brake lights kept permanently on when
drivers are stationary in a queue of traffic. Why can't people use ther
handbrake rather than footbrake when they are stopped at traffic lights?

Its just more poor driving.
If you were taught by a proper instructor you would use your handbrake.
Its the ones that think I have passed my test.. now I can start to drive
that cause most of the problems as they don't have a clue as to why the
rules are there.

Excerpt from highway code:

"236. You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is
seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and
can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when
visibility improves."

It's good practise to use the handbrake when waiting at traffic
lights.

Along those lines...

How many drivers understand, when joining a motorway from a slip road,
that the broken white line at the edge of the slip road, adjacent to the
motorway is actually a give way and be prepared to stop line?

Judging from experience, hardly anyone. In fact driving standards in
general have dropped considerably in the last 10 years IMHO.

I usually move over into the centre lane if I can see someone
approaching too close. Although I did this once on a almost empty
motorway and the idiot shot across the inside lane and positioned
himself about 6 feet in front of me!!!!

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org